I have MOVED! Follow me here to http://www.cupcakeblog.com.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Cupcake catering for benefit art show

I am baking mini cupcakes (and doing some savory appetizers) for a benefit art show at my ex-bosses studio this weekend.

I am going to make chili-chocolate cupcakes with flamed colored marshmallow frosting. Hopefully they come out the way I imagine them in my head. We shall see...

I wish I could do more sweet things for the party, but the savory bits are going to be a challenge and I don't want to over extend myself. I will be searching the many awesome food blogs out there for some appetizer ideas. Only problem is that there is no refrigeration or a way to heat things. So far I am planning on caprese on a toothpick (tomato, mozzarella, basil, olive oil) and fresh fig & goat cheese wrapped with prosciutto on a toothpick. Not sure what else. Any ideas?

The other cool thing is that I have a piece in the show and my husband is performing. Should be a good time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I love making appetizers... here's one that always gets rave reviews:

http://www.leitesculinaria.com/recipes/cookbook/parm_crackers.html

... and I've not made these, but I have made the Union Square Cafe recipe and they're fabulous!

http://www.leitesculinaria.com/recipes/cookbook/rosemary_cashews.html

Best of luck!

7/28/2005 6:23 PM  
Blogger chockylit said...

I am so making the cheddar-parmesan crackers. Perfect, because I can get a lot done without a lot of work. Thanks!

7/29/2005 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I could help! I recently stumbled on your site by way of another cupcake blog, and you're now a regular stop for me... so thanks for the upkeep here!

By the way... very cool tile!

Buttercreamqueen :)

7/29/2005 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful site ...your photos and creations are just amazing! There is a recipe from Clotidle at Chocolate and Zucchini from a while back that I somewhat tweaked...easy and delicious...instant polenta with some chopped basil and sundried tomato mixed in - cut in to small bite size squares that you could quick saute' for golden color and then serve at room temp, no refrif or reheat- just a suggestion!

PS I second the Leite's culinaria suggestions, his recipes are always wonderful!

Best of luck with the show!

Anna

9/13/2005 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home